Susanne Schmitz, LL.M.
German Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Graduate Engineer (architecture)
In addition to specialist knowledge in the field of building technology, building construction and building materials, Susanne Schmitz also has extensive knowledge in a wide variety of other technical fields, such as motor vehicles, in particular drive and engine technology, and medical devices.
Susanne mainly handles cases relating to prosecution and enforcement of IP rights, including both technical protective rights as well as trademark and design rights.
Patent attorney at Maiwald
Patent attorney at an IP law firm
Patent attorney trainee at an IP law firm
Architect for various project planning and development companies
Master’s degree "European Intellectual Property Law" (LL.M.) at the University of Hagen
Admitted to practice as European patent attorney
Admitted to practice as German patent attorney
Studied law for patent attorneys at the University of Hagen
Finished her studies in architecture at the RWTH Aachen University
- Patent prosecution and portfolio management
- Filing strategies and drafting patent applications
- Freedom-to-operate and validity analysis
- Opposition and nullity proceedings
- Litigation based on infringement of a patent, trademark or design
- Trademark and design applications
- German Patent Attorney Association
German, English, Dutch