M.Sc. Green Mobility Engineering
Damla Simsek is a trainee patent attorney at Maiwald. Her efforts are mainly focused on industrial property rights in the areas of mechanical and electrical engineering, physics and medical technology. She supports and advises clients on all aspects of patent and utility model prosecution in the automotive industry with a special focus on green mobility technologies. Damla Simsek also has particular expertise in automotive electronics, with the focus on inverters for hybrid drives.
She holds a master's degree in intellectual property law from the UK. During her master's degree in Green Mobility Engineering at KIT, additional to her technical education, Damla Simsek gained experience in patent portfolio management and wrote her thesis on "Technological Leadership Benchmarking".
|Since 2019||Trainee patent attorney at Maiwald|
|2014-2016||Patent Engineer at a Turkish IP law firm|
|2017-2019||Master’s degree in green mobility engineering at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology|
|2016-2017||Master’s degree in intellectual property law and management at the University of Reading|
|2006-2009||Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering at the Bilkent University in Ankara|
- Patent prosecution and portfolio management
- Filing strategies and drafting patent applications
- Freedom-to-operate and validity analysis
- Opposition and nullity proceedings
- Admissibility of second infringement action based on the same patent, but different infringing act, Managing Intellectual Property, 04/2021
German, English, Turkish