Dr Eva Ehlich
German Patent Attorney
European Patent Attorney
Eva Ehlich represents European, US and Japanese companies from the chemical, pharmaceutical and industrial chemicals sectors whom she advises and assists in prosecuting, defending, enforcing and challenging IP rights in Germany, Europe and worldwide. Next to preparing freedom-to-operate and validity analyses she has profound experience in patent litigation and strategic patent filing, especially in the area of drug delivery, pharmaceutics and medical uses (small molecules and biologics).
She has particular expertise in the conduct of complex appeal proceedings before the Appeal Boards of the European Patent Office as well as petitions for review in accordance with Article 112a of the Enlarged Board of Appeal of the European Patent Office.
Eva has received numerous recognitions for her professional activities as patent attorney.
Partner, shareholder and managing director at Maiwald
Patent attorney at Maiwald
Patent attorney trainee at Maiwald
Passed the US patent agent examination
Admitted to practice as European patent attorney
Admitted to practice as German patent attorney
Studied law for patent attorneys at University of Hagen
Doctoral degree in the field of main group chemistry from the Technical University of Munich
Studied chemistry at the Technical University of Munich
- Patent prosecution and portfolio management
- Filing strategies and drafting patent applications
- Freedom-to-operate and validity opinions
- Opposition and nullity proceedings
- Patent litigation
- Recommended in Best Lawyers "Germany's Best Lawyers 2019"
- Recommend in Legal 500 EMEA 2019
- Recommended in Chambers Europe Guide 2018
- MIP IP Star 2018, 2019
- Recommended in Legal 500 Deutschland 2017 - 2020
- For many years "frequently recommended lawyer" in the JUVE Handbook of Commercial Law Firms
- Recommended in MIP IP Stars 2017
- „R 0016/13 - A truly positive decision”, epi Information, 03/2015
- In particular with respect to small molecules and vaccines attending to and representing crucial patent portfolios, opposition and appeal proceedings as well as petition for review proceedings before the European Patent Office as well as participation in various infringement proceedings and proceedings before the German Constitutional Court, inter alia concerning Oxygesic® and Butrans®/Norspan®
- German Patent Attorney Association
- Tax & Legal Excellence