IAM recommends six of our partners again this year, Dr Eva Dörner, Dr Eva Ehlich, Dr-Ing. Sophie Ertl, Dr Naho Fujimoto, Dr Martin Huenges and Dr Marco Stief as the world’s leading intellectual property strategists.
Each year, the IAM Strategy Guide lists the individuals that have shown to possess world-class skills in the development and roll-out of strategies that maximise the value of patents, copyright, trademarks and other IP rights. Only those who have been nominated multiple times by different parties as outstanding IP strategists are listed.
IAM editor Joff Wild emphasizes that IP strategists are “more important than they have ever been before”. We are therefore even more delighted that the excellent work of our colleagues has been recognized in this nomination.
- For strategic advice in the fields of chemistry and plant protection, organic chemistry PhD Eva Dörner is a discerning choice. She secures, maintains and builds up her clients’ key assets with finesse and great commercial astuteness.
- “An extremely safe pair of hands for complex IP issues and top-level portfolio strategy in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology space, Eva Ehlich is commercially and culturally astute and easily grapples with the complexities and politics of larger international projects.”
- “A highly qualified patent attorney, Sophie Ertl has a canny forward-thinking approach to developing her client’s patent strategy. She is detail-oriented, technically-savvy and communicates complex concepts in a manner that is easy to understand – she is an asset to any team.”
- “Through careful white space analyses and a deep understanding of the prior art landscape as well as a remarkable knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, Naho Fujimoto anticipates possible hurdles and develops thoughtful strategies that maximise her client’s opportunities.”
- “A global thinker and favourite among in-house counsel, Martin Huenges is an excellent attorney who really knows his way around EPO and German patenting procedures and easily translates business realities into sophisticated IP proposals to give ultimate value to his clients.”
- Marco Stief is one of the leading individuals in Germany for patent strategy, particularly in the pharmaceutical field. Marco maintains one of the best Supplementary Protection Certificate practices in the country and is considered a thought leader in this space.