What is the UPCLA network?
The UPCLA network, created in 2014, is a non-exclusive network of European lawyers and patent attorneys firms, all recognized for the excellence of their intellectual property practice by international rankings. The purpose of the UPCLA network is to plan and coordinate panEuropean patent litigation (as well as in the whole field of intellectual property in general), pending the advent of the Unified Patent Jurisdiction.
What are the reasons to choose the UPCLA network?
The UPCLA is a European network gathering:
- At least one Lawyer (litigator) and at least one European Patent Attorney by local/regional division
- Reputed for their practice (in international rankings)
- Covering all technical fields
Simplicity & Flexibility
A single point of contact:
- The member who is in contact with the client or the foreign associate is the coordinator for the case
- Reduced administrative burden for the client or foreign associate
- Local members able to represent or provide advice before their local Division (for forum shopping consultation, case management hearings, enforcement…)
All members are independent:
- Fewer conflicts of interest: if one is conflicted, another member may replace him
- Members actively follow and contribute to the UPC, ensuring we have the best knowledge of the UPC law.
Find out more on the UPCLA network: https://upcla.eu/