The Oblon and Maiwald firms are pleased to invite you to a complimentary:
Joint International Symposium on U.S. and European Patent Practice
to be presented in two convenient locations / dates:
- Tokyo: Monday, June 3, 2019 at the Fukuracia Marunouchi Oazo
- Osaka: Monday, June 10, 2019 at the Osaka Science & Technology Center
At the 2019 joint international symposium, we will together examine selected current aspects of IP practice related to prosecuting applications, transferring rights, and enforcing patents in the U.S. and in Europe. While similarities exist, applicants for U.S. and European patents need to be aware of the peculiarities and most recent developments in each system in order to achieve the best results. In particular, the symposium will address the following important topics for today’s practitioners:
- Practical guidance for prosecuting patent applications related to Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Europe and in the U.S., noting recent European Patent Office (EPO) guidelines;
- Infringement under the doctrine of equivalents, long thought to be mainly an issue for the U.S., although recent decisions have increased its relevance in Europe; and
- Assignment of rights in the U.S. and in Europe, especially in the context of inventions developed by two different entities, as well as procedural peculiarities in each system.
This complimentary symposium will include serial translation from English to Japanese. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be provided at a casual reception following the symposium.
If you plan to attend, please register below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, identifying your name, affiliated company, and place of participation (Tokyo or Osaka). The final registration deadline is 10 May 2019 and attendance is limited to 100 participants in Tokyo and 60 in Osaka.
We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues.
Click here for event details.