A look back:
The successful two-day seminar on the topic of “IP and Industry 4.0 – How you can achieve long-term success”, hosted and organized by FORUM-Institut für Management GmbH, took place in Heidelberg on 20 and 21 March 2018.
In a clearly structured presentation Dr Axel Neidlein (Partner, patent attorney at Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH) highlighted methods and tools geared towards medium-sized companies to enable them achieve and maintain a long term technological edge over competitors. Based on a 360° IP strategy for digital business models and appropriate IP protection through software patents, Dr Neidlein explained how IP can be used to establish economically effectual exclusivity positions. His presentation also identified success factors of digital patents at the intersection between business model, competition and patent office leading to registration and enforcement of patents.
The seminar was attended by IP/patent specialists, IP/patent managers, innovation managers as well as marketing and business development managers.
The topics discussed were:
- Successful business model protection in Digitalization and Industry 4.0
- Customer-centric IP-design for the Internet of Things
- Enforceable protection of cyberphysical systems
- IP protection for the digital customer journey
- Exclusive brand, user und customer experience through IP
- Workshops: applying proven methods and tools